Monday, March 23, 2009

Hard Knock Life

This morning as I was holding Sarah in my lap and checking email, I had one of those little spiritual-parallels-to-parenting realization moments. Sarah was comfortable in my arms, just sucking on her pacifier contentedly, recently fed, clean diaper, when all the sudden she spits out the passy and lets out a little "Poor Me!" scream/cry. I responded by putting her passy back in her mouth and, amused, saying gently to her, "Oh, Sarah, what a hard life you have!" I looked up at David and said, "God must have these same moments with us all the time," He must look down with compassion on us, knowing that while we freak out over some minor discomfort, all the time we are really completely safe and secure in his arms. :) Praise him for his loving patience.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

that is a neat connection you have made! I agree and think Sarah is a beautiful baby too!! A lot of babies aren't very cute when they are first born, but the pictures we saw of Sarah were definitely way cuuute!

Spotted-Bird said...

Love the blog! I will be reading every day. I hope to learn about life in Asia. How fun!

Stacy said...

Marianne, Sarah is sooo cute. When are you going to bring that cute baby to North Carolina so we can meet her???