So . . . I am going to try to do a blog. Again. This is my third attempt at doing a better job keeping up with friends and family in the States through blogging. The first blog was last summer and only had ONE entry EVER. My 2nd attempt was to blog about David's and my vacation in Thailand a couple of months ago. That was a little better. I kept it up about 2 1/2 weeks--about 9 posts all together. So, this is attempt #3. I really want to do well at updating it at least once a week with stories or photos from our life here in Asia. We really do live too far away from too many people we care about to NOT be doing this. So, I am going to really try. :)
So, the purpose of this blog is to post interesting stories about our life in a different culture and photos of our life. However, you will notice a lot of things conspicuously missing from our blog--namely stories about the BIGGEST things we are doing here, the things we spend most of our time doing. It is simply not smart to post about such things on the web--sadly, because I think these stories would almost certainly make the most interesting and significant blog entries I could post. Instead, you will find here posts about things David and I do for fun, stories about cross-culture experiences, and maybe a few of my thoughts on my own personal spiritual journey (this is allowed). I hope you will still find these to be interesting and encouraging!
Each of you is incredibly significant to David and I and we miss you terribly. :) I hope this will help all of you feel the distance is a little shorter! Feel free to comment on posts--just be thoughtful and careful about what you write and not mention anything about what David and I "do" here. We've been here long enough that I know you know what I mean. Love all of you!
Seasonal Produce Guide for February
7 years ago
2 comments:
I am so pleased to hear from you! May I post your blog on mine? It makes it much easier to click back and forth. Thanks for visiting. I put a new picture of our Michael on the blog that you and David will enjoy!
Hey girly!
I love you guys so much! I am glad you are not admitting defeat with the blogging like you did with the shrimp (not that I blame you..ugh!). I love reading about you guys and your adventures on this earth. Thanks for giving it another shot. If we can't talk regularly, at least we can read each others' blogs!! Ha!
Jen
Post a Comment