
In August last year, I received 2 gift certificate to a local photography studio specializing in Tang Dynasty Glamour Shots. Oh yes. We're talking ancient Asian style hair and dress (about 1000 A.D.) and a makeover. Who could resist? So, finally last week I went to have them done. (For some examples of Tang Dynasty costumes, go
here.)

I really never thought it would me more than just a fun, funny experience, but when I arrived to the studio, I was impressed by how fancy the decor was (red velvet curtains, and red and gold carpets, etc.) Above you can see the selection of dresses you can choose to have your picture taken in.

Above shows a case of jewelry you can choose to wear to compliment your costume.

These are the makeup stations where you receive your makeover. The package I chose included 2 outfits, 2 makeovers (they re-do your hair for each outfit) and 2 photo sessions. The most interesting part by far for me was the hair! In the first set of pictures, I chose a pink and purple dress that was very soft and feminine. For my hair, the stylist used 4 different hair pieces to create a very elaborate hairstyle, which was topped off by two chopsticks with sparkly things dangling from them, 8 bobby pins with glittery butterflies, and a gigantic pink flower. When we were taking the photos, I kept having to take breaks because my head weighed so much that my neck would get tired. In the 2nd set of photos, I chose a regal gold dress with red trim, so they decided to do me up like an empress. This time I had 6 different hairpieces, a golden crown, a large red flower, 8 gold butterfly bobby pins, and a set of dangly gold earrings hanging from my hair! The whole thing took around 4 1/2 hours, and I was completely exhausted by the end, although I must say it was an amazingly fun experience. I should get the photos back soon, and I will definitely post them here for all to see!
3 comments:
I can't wait to see them!!
That's awesome! Can't wait to see you as a chinese dynasty.
That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Post a Comment