Sarah turns one year old today! Hooray! We can't believe the first year of her life has gone by this fast! I intended to do a whole retrospective thing this week leading up to her big day, with photos of her over the months, but due to illness, internet problems, a busted pipe and trying to pack for an international trip . . . yeah, that didn't happen. BUT, I did manage to throw together a little shindig to celebrate Sarah's birthday with some of the other families in town out at our apartment complex's playground. It was pretty low-key, but still really fun!First though, here are some photos from the morning before Sarah's party . . .
The mound of presents . . . how could she possibly resist??
"Mommy, can I please open just ONE?"
These are the cupcakes I made for Sarah and her guests. Yeah, so I went a little overboard with the decoration. Our internet was out, and something wierd just happened to me and I felt compelled to do something memorable and special for Sarah's big day, so I used a cupcake decorating kit my mother-in-law had sent, and voila! Oh, and I also enlisted David's help to help me build this three-tiered cupcake stand . . . but I promise, the rest of the party was soooo low-key!!!
The cupcakes and stand had exactly the intended effect on the kids at the party.
A quick family photo before Sarah's great cupcake adventure begins!
She was very intrigued by this fire-y thing in my hand as everyone sang to her. I had to hold it quite a ways out of her reach.
She tasted the icing first, and was definitely a fan.
Next, she really dove into the cake, picking it up with both hands to get some good momentum as she shoved it all in . . .
The aftermath . . .
The result . . . one happy but exhausted one-year-old!!!For video of the above-described events click here and here.
1 comment:
YEAH!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARAH!!! :) excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment