Saturday, April 24, 2010

Super-Fun!

Ok, so I know parents are ALWAYS saying this about their kids, but I really think Sarah is at the funnest age ever right now! I am so excited that we will be coming home to the U.S. in just about a month so our families will get to experience Sarah at this stage. Every day she is coming up with some new silly thing, and bringing SOOO much joy to our lives. Some of my faves:
  • Sarah loves to run up behind you, and then peek around to see your face. If you act surprised, she will laugh the most adorable hearty little belly laugh.
  • Just this week, Sarah started miming putting on makeup. If she sees me putting it on in front of the full-length mirror in our bedroom, she will beg me to hand her something from my makeup bag, and I usually give her a blush brush or a tube of something she can't open. Then she will push my legs to squeeze herself in between me and the bottom of the mirror, and begin "applying" her makeup, rubbing whatever is in her hands all over her face!
  • She also loves miming talking on the "phone"--sometimes its one of our cell phones, sometimes it is a remote control or something else she pretends is a phone.
  • She is beginning to realize her need for snuggles. In the midst of her usual busy-busy-ness, running around the house creating messes, she will run up to me and hug my legs (if I am standing) or crawl into my lap for exactly 3 seconds of snuggles before she wants down to continue her reign of anarchy.
There are so many things I could list! But I thought I might SHOW you a few things too! Like this:



More videos of Sarah having fun:

Sarah playing with my sunglasses. She is very, very into sunglasses these days. I put them on her, she runs around giggling and then takes them off, brings them back to me to help her put them on again. Repeat!

Sarah playing with a shopping bag. No worries, not the old school kind that can suffocate you, but the new kind that you can re-use and is better for the environment, and I am pretty sure can't suffocate you.

Sarah doing some "spring cleaning." She's discovered how to open drawers, and this is just one example of the chaos that ensues. By the time I discovered her doing this, she'd pulled half of the clothes out of the drawer, so I figured I'd just go with it and get the craziness on video. Afterwards, I ended up giving away about half of the contents of the drawer, so I think the net result was actually more organized than before!

No comments: