I don't read too many "spiritual" blogs. I oftentimes find myself overwhelmed or burdened into a sort of legalism by a lot of blogs, especially the ones gear toward Christian wives and mothers. This is probably not the fault of the bloggers, but of the way even a taste of "do better, do more" interacts with the sinful pride in my heart, but then the reality of my ineptitude sets in and I am left feeling like there is no alternative to failure. Clearly, I have lots of issues I need to work out!
Most of these issues probably have to do with my understanding of the Gospel. Not my intellectual understanding, mind you, but my emotional and spiritual and practical HEART understanding. Recently I found a blog that really challenges me in this area:
http://www.theologyforwomen.org/
It is written by a woman named Wendy, who says over and over that her blog is a lecture to herself and her own heart. More than anything, she's just thinking deeply about the gospel and its practical implications for her own life. Her post today is about what it really means to struggle with pride, something I have already mentioned is true of myself in this very post, and it was really challenging to me to think more deeply about what my real issues might be. Anyway, just had to pass on this link. If it encourages you or challenges you in a good way, I am glad. If not, no big deal. Blogs are not Scripture, (hallelujah!) so you don't have to like the same ones I like. :) Peace. Have a good day!
Seasonal Produce Guide for February
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment