So, I am not sure why, but the last month or so I just haven't really been inspired to blog. Which is wierd, because its not like there is nothing going on here. We've had birthdays and fun parties with friends, my sister Becky and her husband Josh have come and visited and left us with about a million fantastic pictures, and I have about a billion thoughts and feelings swirling around in my head about the transition we are coming up on in less than two months . . . And every time I thought about blogging I just didn't know where to begin with all that. But today I saw the blog of a friend of a friend who would be moving soon, and she was doing a series on 40 things she would miss about Raleigh--one for each day left before she moves. Now, if any of you know me you know that I am not what you call "goal-oriented." So trying to do one post per day for the rest of our time here . . . well, there is no better way to pretty much kill my blogging forever. So, instead, I'll just take this inspiration, make a rough and flexible plan, and see where it takes us. :)
So, I am starting a series with 3 types of blog posts: things I am going to miss about life in Asia, things I am NOT going to miss about life in Asia, and things that make me excited to start a new life in the U.S. Hopefully, this general structure will help me to process this move as well as provide all of you with some insight into everything going on in my life right now. :) I apologize in advance if my blog becomes a little self-indulgent (though what is blogging, exactly, if not self-indulgent??), so I will try to throw in some Sarah pics here and there to keep the grandmothers and grandfathers and aunts and uncles and great-aunts and great-uncles (i.e. basically my entire readership ;) ) interested! I love all of you, and I am so glad I have this blog as way to communicate regularly with you.
Seasonal Produce Guide for February
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment