Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in Town

David, Sarah and I just got back home from being out of town for a few days. We went to a city about an hour's flight north of here for some "work" related stuff, can't go into more details on the web. In any case, I wish I'd taken more "travel" photos during the five days we were there, but I just have these few pics of Sarah. But they are cute, so I thought I would share!
On the flight there, the airline insisted we fasten Sarah in with a special seat belt that hooked on to David's seat belt! We had never seen such a contraption before, though we've flown here in Asia many, many times (I get exhausted just thinking about how many . . . ). Maybe there the new thing? Are they using these in the States these days?

Either way, we were happy to comply especially since our flight had been delayed two hours because of bad weather at our destination, and then we sat on the runway for quite a long time--we were just happy to be in the air! However, we got about halfway into our 55 min. flight, and the plane makes a 180. The airplane had the little map thing on the tv monitors so we could see--the plane was headed back to the city where we live! You can imagine my feelings. Then the plane turns again, headed back to our destination. Relief. Then again, back home . . . Making circles like this for 30 min. No announcement on the P.A. or anything to let us know what is happening (that is the silly sort of thing us Americans have come to expect--those in authority over us to fill us in on what is going on). Then after all that the plane starts heading for our destination. 20 min later we are on the ground and the weather is sunny and clear and gorgeous!! Hence Sarah looking adorable in her sun hat:

The highlight of the trip, for me at least, was getting to spend time with good friends. Here is Sarah with Zane, my good friend Anita's son who is 2,5 weeks younger than Sarah, though I think he's a little bigger than her! He has the most adorable little baby mohawk!!
Finally, here is Zane, Sarah, and Zoe, another child of my good friend Karis, who is 17 months old. I can't believe how tiny Sarah looks here!

1 comment:

SarahRachel said...

I haven't ever seen a seat belt like that! What a great idea! Your flight story made me antsy. Flying makes me nervous when flying with my kids! Sounds like a fun trip! =) And I LOVE Sarah in that hat!