
Sarah is going to be TWO so soon! I can't believe how grown up she is these days. She is 22, almost 23(!), months old, and learning something new and fun every day.

One of her favorite things these days is singing. Her favorite songs are "Twinkle, Twinkle," "Jesus Loves Me," and "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes." She calls "Jesus Loves Me" "Jesus Me." She knows most of the words to these songs, but just mumbles the ones that she doesn't. For example:
Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder (mumble mumble) are!
Up above (mumble mumble) high,
Like a (mumble mumble) in the sky . . . etc.
The words she knows she kind of yells out when you sing them. Its really cute.

She can count from two to eleven. Not one to ten, mind you, but only two to eleven.

Sarah is very, very into babying her toys these days. Here she is playing with her babydoll, but she is just as likely to be found feeding her bunny in her high chair, putting clothes on her favorite puppy, wiping her monkey's bottom or changing his diaper!

Really, Sarah is just into whatever she has seen me doing these days. If we go outside and I bring my purse, she has to have her purse too (see below). If I brush my hair, she brushes hers. If I wear a necklace, she needs one too! If I am drinking water, she must have water (the milk or juice in the cup she currently has won't cut it)! If I am chopping vegetables, she tries to grab the knife as soon as she sees I am done with it to chop veggies too (note TRIES--I do not actually let her touch knives). I could go on and on with examples of this! She is my little mimic, which is really fun and flattering, but can also get a little wearying at times. :)

Sarah is very into dancing and jumping, though she loves anything physical these days. My favorite dance she does is a little spontaneous wiggle she does in her high chair when she likes what we are eating for lunch or supper. She loves to jump, jump, jump on the couch, and her dream is for us to let her jump on the bed. If you even just pretend to chase her, she will run back and forth across the apartment at top speed, giggling all the way. When you catch her, she wants to be tossed in the air, or tickled incessantly. She actually asks for tickles all the time, walking up to you and wiggling her fingers over her ribs saying, "Tickle? Tickle?"

In addition to all the individual words she knows, Sarah is learning more and more phrases. She says, "See ya later!" and "Sarah eat it," (she still talks about herself in the third person) and "Watch TV?" and "Outside play?" The other day we were looking at a picture of my friend Abby Dunn's new baby on Facebook and Sarah said, "Look at that goose," which is exactly what David and I say when Sarah does something cute ("Goose" is our nickname for her).

Sarah definitely keeps us on our toes. She is into everything, all of the time. But she is so much fun, and makes us laugh every single day, multiple times a day. I am loving this almost-two-year-old!
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH. SARAH IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see her in person again!
I love the purse picture- 2 going on 16! :) cute
WHOA!!! I check out of the blogging world for a few months and Sarah grows up with out me seeing it! She's as adorable as ever and it's fun catching up on all that she's doing these days! SUCH a cute, smiley girl!
Post a Comment